Welcome to one of my many editions featuring lunch ideas. This recipe is a time saver. It is also simple and easy to cook. It was what I had for lunch the other afternoon and it was pretty delicious. I remember my time studying at a university in Malaysia, we would go to the cafeteria in the morning and people would be eating rice for breakfast. The Asian culture is really embracive of rice as an anytime of the day meal. It could be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in different styles. This meal I would say is pretty much inspired by the Asian Rice style.
WHAT WE WILL NEED//
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of garlic and herb tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tsp. of salt
- Parsley flakes
- Basil leaves
HOW TO DO//
- In a pan on medium heat, add 2 tbsp. olive oil and allow to heat up. This should take about a minute or two.
- Add sauce, salt, parsley, and basil stirring as you pour into hot oil. Allow to fry and blend well together. This should take about 5 minutes or less.
- In a microwavable bowl add rice and 1 cup of water allow to cook in microwave for 10 minutes. Add another cup of water and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add cooked rice with sauce and stir together until reddening color takes place.
- In the same pan, if you prefer, on medium heat add another 2 tbsp. of olive oil crack an egg into it and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Then serve.
- Pasta sauce can be replaced with any tomato sauce
- Extra salt can be added according to taste preference