WHAT WE NEED//
- 1,2/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of canola oil (or 8 tbsp. of coconut oil)
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 4 tbsp. of ice water
CHOOSING YOUR FILLING//
HOW TO DO//
- Combine all ingredients together (without the filling of course)until a dough forms
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This helps pie to become extra firm.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Remove pie from fridge and form into the shape desired. I have found that muffin tin tray helps this process.
- Dice the broccoli, bananas, and grapes, placing each in pie crust as a filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes, if you don’t see Browning take place then bake for an extra 5 minutes making 25 minutes in total.
- Remove from oven immediately and let cool before digging in.
- Enjoy with milk, juice or any fruit smoothie of choice.
- You can make ice water by freezing water in a cup overnight and then thaw it by placing hot or warm water under the cup in a bowl.
- You can also increase the amount of salt and sugar depending on the taste you are wanting your pie to have.
- Your filling can consist of fish, or any other fruits and vegetables you prefer depending on what you are in the mood for.
- You can add glaze to the top by mixing 2 tbsp. of milk to 1/2 cup of powder sugar.
- The key to having the perfect pie is to make sure it cools down completely before digging in.