Oats & Nuts Muffin Cake
This recipe is slightly inspired by Ana Banana however with my modification, it is different. These muffins are delicious, amazing, and nutritious. However if you are not comfortable with eating oats raw, you should try blending the oats before putting it in the mixture.
WHAT WE WILL NEED//
- 1.1/4 cup of oats
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Juice extract from a whole lemon
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- 2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of chopped dates
- 3 tbsp. of sweet condensed milk
- 1.1/2 cup of milk and water combined
HOW TO DO//
- Combine ingredients together, if you prefer to do dry and wet before combining that is fine as well.
- Melt date and condensed milk in the microwave for about 1 minute and 30 seconds or blend into a smooth paste before adding to mixture.
- Transfer batter to a muffin tray
- Bake at 350*F for 25 mins or more base this on the browning texture your muffin should have at the end of the baking session.
- Enjoy this with delicious hot cocoa or a smoothie beverage.
Serve with a coconut milk or sweet condensed milk glazing.
- Combination of baking powder and baking soda causes coloring to occur, however this is not a source of concern.
- Dates can be replaced with brown and cinnamon sugar , the key is to remember that whatever sweetener you add is what your baked good will taste like.
- This is a simple sweet dessert or appetizer that has fiber and protein.
- Major difference between a cake and a muffin is the size.