Pancake muffins with nuts are simply delicious. Full credits go to @leebakers for coming up with the recipe in the first place, but I added some extra something that made it taste a little bit healthier.
- 1 egg or 1/4 cups of chia seeds
- 3 Dates or a 1/4 cups of chopped dates
- 1 cup of your favorite Pancake Mix
- 3/4 cup of water and milk mixed together
- 1/2 cup of nuts
- 2 tbsp. of almond butter
HOW TO DO:
- Process all ingredients in a blender.
- If you want to make muffins with this batter, pour batter either in a nonstick muffin tray or spray some cooking spray over it before pouring in the batter. Then bake at 350*F for 15-17 minutes or if you prefer to serve like a pancake, pour bits by bits batter in a pan and allow to cook for 3 minutes before flipping over.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite fruits usually blueberries, pomegranate seeds and strawberries are a great addition.
- Dates can be replaced with cacao powder, cinnamon sugar or brown sugar. They are used here to make the batter a bit sweet.
- Chia seeds and eggs can be interchanged/ substituted with one another or if you prefer you can make use of flaxseeds. They provide you with protein and fiber you need.